We are now recruiting Blade Repair Technicians for our European and Canadian operations due to the increased number and scope of future projects.
Our teams of Technicians are working on blade inspections, repair and maintenance projects all around Europe and Canada. We believe that preventive blade maintenance is crucial in maximizing the lifetime and performance of the wind turbines and want to offer technologically advanced solutions to our customers in order for them to make the most of their assets. Rapid access to the turbines, advanced repair solutions, as well as experienced, qualified and friendly staff are all crucial parts of our service package.
Would you like to join our team?
Below you will find more information on what we are looking for.
The role will include:
- Traveling and working independently on projects across Europe or Canada.
- Organizing your own logistics arrangements with the help of the Operations Team
- Carrying out tasks to the company’s standards and H&S policies.
- Working in challenging environments, repairing and inspecting wind turbine blades, external working at height and internally in confined spaces.
- Communicating the progress of the works internally, documenting all work carried out using computer-based reporting systems to company requirements.
- When onsite you will be the face of Bladefence and liaising directly with our customers around Europe and Canada to achieve their project requirements
- A Minimum of 1 years’ experience in the manufacture / maintenance of composite structures
- Previous experience carrying out blade repairs onsite or at an OEM factory
- Willing to travel and be flexible on schedules
- Physically fit and healthy
- English speaking; other languages are an advantage
- Good customer facing skills
- Personal management skills (Safety, motivation, logistics, finance, communication)
- A “can do” attitude to problem solving
- A keen interest in learning new skills and techniques, as we are pioneering new materials in the industry
- Basic computer skills (Office tools), and you must be comfortable writing reports describing your own work in the English language
- Driving license:
- Minimum B license is required, C1 or C is an advantage in Europe
- Class G required in Canada
- Permanent resident with working permit in Europe or equivalent for Canada.
- GWO Basic qualifications in the following subjects are considered an advantage
- First aid
- Working at height
- Manual handling
- Confined space
- Fire awareness
- IRATA or other rope access qualifications are an advantage
- OEM blade repair training and certificates are an advantage
- Electrician qualification is an advantage
Applications for European positions must be sent to email@example.com.
Your application must include the following information to be considered for the role:
- An up to date CV
- A covering email detailing your;
- Current employment status
- Availability to start work
- Salary expectation
The positions will be filled immediately as suitable candidates are found, and the last date for applications is the 9th of February 2019.