Due to the increased number and scope of projects, we are recruiting new operators to join our dynamic team of trained professional Skylift Operators in Europe and Canada.
Are you ready to face the challenge to become a Skylift Operator?
Bladefence is a specialist in wind turbine blade condition analysis, repairs and maintenance. Our Skylift Operators work closely with our blade repair operations and external customers to realise projects to the highest quality.
The successful applicant should be:
- 18 years of age or older.
- Possess a European Class C driver’s license or Canadian Class DZ, and have previous experience in operating, driving and maintaining heavy machinery, but not necessary Skylifts.
- Confident, and always having a ‘Safety First’ approach to their work.
- Able to work internationally, both in Europe and Canada.
- Customer oriented.
- A flexible approach to their working days, as nights, weekends and public holidays are often required.
- Prepared to work on-site for up to 4 weeks at a time, depending on projects.
- Experience in glass fiber FRP repairs & laminating would be advantageous.
- Be physically fit as lifting, pushing, bending and long periods of standing will be required.
During the training period, the successful applicants will be trained according to the International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) rules and applicants will receive a certificate of the training.
You will also receive in-house training to enable you to maintain the company standards in your new role.
Specific roles and responsibilities
- Responsible for the safe operation of Aerial Platforms.
- Responsible for all safety checks of the Aerial Platform.
- Responsible for ensuring the Aerial Platform is always in good operating condition.
- Responsible for the planning of lifting operations on customer sites.
- Assists customers to safely board and disembark the Aerial Platforms as necessary.
- Assists customers to safely complete tasks using the Skylift platform.
- Ensures smooth operation of the Skylift and safety of all customers.
- Other tasks as assigned by the employer.
Please send applications to email@example.com including the following information:
- A covering letter including
- Current employment status
- Availability to start work
- Salary expectation
- Preferred work location, Europe or Canada or both (Stating valid work permits or residency documents)
- Previous working experience in the form of a CV with Photo, References, Qualifications, equipment experience.
- Country of residence.
The positions will be filled immediately as suitable candidates are found, and the last date for applications is the 16th April 2018.
Bladefence is a specialist for wind turbine blade condition analysis, repairs and maintenance. The company utilises advanced skylift equipment and UV-curing blade repair method in its operations. In combination, these enable operations in harsh weather conditions, cutting-edge efficiency and minimise turbine downtime. The company was certified by Germanischer Lloyd for blade repairs in 2012 as the first company in the Nordic countries. The company has offices located in Vantaa, Finland, and Toronto, Canada. Services are offered throughout Europe and Canada.
Bladedence is owned by Janneniska (www.janneniska.com), the leading skylift (aerial platform) access company.