We are now recruiting ten more Blade Repair Technicians / Engineers for our European operations due to the increased number and scope of projects.
Our teams of technicians and engineers are working on blade inspection, repair and maintenance projects all around Europe and Canada. We believe that preventive blade maintenance is crucial in maximising the lifetime and performance of the wind turbines and want to offer technologically advanced solutions to our customers in order for them to make the most of their assets. Rapid access to the turbines, advanced repair solutions, as well as experienced, qualified and friendly staff are all crucial parts of our service package. Would you like to join our team? Below you will find more information on what we are looking for.
The Technician and Engineer roles will involve repairing and inspecting wind turbine blades, external working at height and internally in confined spaces.
The tasks will include:
- Carrying out tasks to the company’s standards and following H&S policies, including internal and external blade inspections and repairs, up-tower and on the ground
- Documenting all work carried out by using computer based reporting systems
- Travelling and working onsite directly with customers around Europe to achieve their project requirements
- Communicating the progress of the works internally
- Organise logistic arrangements
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in the manufacture / maintenance of composite structures
- Previous experience carrying out blade repairs onsite or at an OEM factory
- Willing to travel and be flexible on schedules
- Physically fit and healthy
- English speaking; other languages are an advantage
- Good customer facing skills
- Personal management skills (Safety, motivation, logistics, finance, communication)
- A “can do” attitude to problem solving
- A keen interest in learning new skills and techniques, as we are pioneering new materials in the industry
- Basic computer skills (Office tools), and you must be comfortable writing reports describing your own work in the English language
- Driving licence: Minimum B licence is required, C1 or C is an advantage
- Permanent resident with working permit in Europe
- GWO Basic qualifications in the following subjects are considered an advantage
- First aid
- Working at height
- Manual handling
- Confined space
- Fire awareness
- OEM blade repair training and certificates are an advantage
- Electrician qualification is an advantage
Please send your up to date CV with photo and a covering email, detailing your current employment status and availability, and salary expectation. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The positions will be filled immediately as suitable candidates are found, and the last date for applications is the 14th of April 2017.
Bladefence is a specialist for wind turbine blade condition analysis, repairs and maintenance. The company utilises advanced skylift equipment and UV-curing blade repair method in its operations. In combination, these enable operations in harsh weather conditions, cutting-edge efficiency and minimise turbine downtime. The company was certified by Germanischer Lloyd for blade repairs in 2012 as the first company in the Nordic countries.